Monday, 23 August 2010

Elf Haul

Hi there lovelies :)




Just a teeny unadventurous little haul for you today. I have been wanting to order a few things from Elf for a while now, but have been waiting on the infamous Powder Brush to come back in stock before I placed my order. I noticed last Thursday that it was back in stock so I placed my order and here's what was waiting for me when I woke up this morning...
 

Eyebrow Kit in Medium £3.50
L-R Gel, Powder
I've heard quite a few things about this so I thought why not give it a go as it's only £3.50! I opted for medium even though I have dark hair and eyebrows, but I always feel that the dark version of eyebrow products are too dark sometimes, even black, and always looks too harsh. This one is perfect for me, the packaging is really cute and the mirror and brush are really handy, not that I would use this on the go!


Eyebrow Treat and Tame in Medium £3.50
I stayed with the eyebrow theme as I thought it would be a safe bet as I had never tried the brand before and am lacking in brow grooming products. However I am slightly disappointed with this one, I expected it to be like the Bobbi Brown Natural Brow Shaper...I was wrong. It is the same sort of concept but the colour is completely off, I really don't know who would have that colour eyebrows, the swatch actually makes it look darker than it is, its more the colour in the tube. I also expected the clear end to have a mascara wand, so I could use it as a brow shaper if the coloured end was wrong, but it has a brush tip which makes no sense to me. I don't think I will ever use this!

Mineral Lipstick in Natural Nymph £3.50
 I bought this purely to use as a base to neutralise my dark pigmented lips so that lipsticks are more true to life. I heard that it was a quite dry finish and that it is a really light nude so I thought this would be the perfect thing for it. However it is definitely not drying and is a really pretty pinky nude so I would probably use this on its own too!

And last but certainly not least...
Powder Brush £3.50
My camera flash decided to exagerate the dust that you cant even see in real life, but oh well it was the best shot I could get! I really can not believe the quality of this brush. It is so soft and dense and sturdy. I will definitely have to check out some of their other brushes! I will be doing a review of this to see how it holds up when washed and I've used it in different ways!

Let me know your favourite Elf products :)

Thanks for reading,

5 comments:

  1. i want to get the powder brush soon too,looks amazing:),so does natural nymph!i'm a sucker for good nude!:)xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. that powder brush looks amazing - i'm jealous :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Irene + Daisy - The powder brush is amazing, I used it yesterday and I was soooo impressed! I'm going to have to get a back up now haha!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey ive tagged you over at

    http://starsglittermagic.blogspot.com/2010/08/about-me-tag.html

    =) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I must get round to buying some elf products!

    ReplyDelete