Friday, 13 August 2010

George Nail Polishes

I seem to have accumulated a small collection of these over the past few years. I remember when I first found George makeup at my ASDA, I fell in love with a Cloudless Sky, I literally wore it everyday!
These polishes can be a bit hit and miss for the most part, some are gorgeously creamy and opaque and relatively easy to apply, where as others are just a pain. But for just £1.50 (some I even got when they were on offer for just £1) you can't really grumble. Considering they have a fairly wide range of colours and finishes, I think they even have matte polishes now, personally I think they are a little gem :)


L-R Midnight Black, Smog, Indigo Dazzle, Under The Sea, Confusion, Princess Pink, Sunset Orange, Lavender Fantasy, Cloudless Sky, Streamer, Be Mine.
L-R Indigo Dazzle, Smog, Under The Sea, Confusion, Princess Pink.
L-R Sunset Orange, Cloudless Sky, Lavender Fantasy, Be Mine, Streamer.
All are just one generous coat, except for under the sea and sunset orange which are two. I find the pastel colours to be surprisingly opaque considering the price. My favourite colours are definitely smog (a very dark grey) and confusion (deep purple with bluey reflex). They have a decent staying power too, I never bother with a top coat, and they last a good few days without chipping.


Thanks for reading,

11 comments:

  1. They're pretty! I really like Be Mine (I'm such a sucker for pastel lilacs!) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like these too and ended up having 15 but have just had a massive clear out so my sister is now the proud owner of them. Cloudless Sky looks very pretty :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. they not bad... ive alwys overlooked asda products, dunno y,, will definitely so n check these out. thanks.

    http://beeroyal.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Ellie - Thanks for the comment, I was really impressed with Be Mine I couldn't believe how opaque it was.
    @Louise - Your sister is a lucky girl haha :) I don't use these enough !
    @Simarjit - I have never been too tempted by any of their products until these beauties caughty my eye :) I tried one of their foundations once and it was a bit naff so I didn't bother with anything else!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooo these look lovely. Might have to pick one up. :) x


    http://packupyourtroublesandapplysomelippy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooh need to try these! Loving the bright colours in the bottom row :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look really good.
    I'm definitely going to pick a couple up =)

    lifeisfullofbeautyx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the last three colors. Perfect for summer.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love princess pink- looks like a very unique dusky pink!
    I might just have to check these out :)

    -Hattie xx

    prettypleasesme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the comments gurlies :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. these are really pretty , im guna pick some up next time im in there

    ReplyDelete