Tuesday, 10 August 2010

HG Series - L'oreal Telescopic Mascara

So I was thinking of ideas for blog posts today and I came up with the idea of doing a sort of series explaining my holy grail products at the moment. I say at the moment because I, like most of us beauty addicts, am constantly looking out for new exciting products, even if the ones we use now work perfectly! So let me know what you think, whether this would be something you would be interested in reading and what not :)

L'Oréal Telescopic Mascara in Carbon Black
£9.99 for 27g
So probably not the best pictures to illustrate the effect of this mascara, it's not easy taking close ups of your own eyes using an SLR, but hey-ho they'll do :)

What I look for in a mascara is predominantly length and definition, with a smidgen of volume.
As you can see from the pictures it does definitely add to the length and the carbon black pigments in the formula do intensify my lashes, so for me it lives up to what it claims, better than any mascara I have tried. The brush was a little hard to get used to, as I had only ever tried the full bristled brushes rather than the defining brushes, but once I got the hang of how best to use it I love it! It makes it so much easier to reach and coat all of your lashes and defines them perfectly, eliminating any chance of clumps! Also as you can probably tell from the first photo, I have very little natural curl in my lashes which this mascara seems to remedy as it holds the curl created by curlers all day.
Overall I really do love the effect of this mascara, its perfect, for me at least :)

 
               Pros                                                                  Cons
               - Length                                                            - Drys fairly hard depending on amount of coats
               - Definition                                                          so can be a pain to remove                                   
               - Intense Colour
               - No Clumps
               - No Flakes
               - Holds Curl
               - Affordable

                                                     Thanks for reading,
                                                 

8 comments:

  1. THANK YOU SO MUCH <3
    Love yours too, going to follow you too :)

    xoxo Christine

    http://christineiversen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this sounds like a good ideal for a post, you should deffo do it :)
    Jaymie
    http://jaymieocallaghan.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey great post ! thanks for the comment.
    love FASHIONPROJECT. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab idea for a 'Holy Grail' series!

    I've used the telescopic mascara for ages, but moved on to other things-so fickle!

    I bought myself a new one the other day and I'm gonna have to wait until it dries out a little- way too much product and a very wet formula. Is yours like this too? I never remebered it to be this way...

    -Hattie
    swishchat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Christine + Fashion Project - No problem lovelies :)
    @Jaymie - Thanks for the comment, I think I will carry on doing it, if I can think of enough products I consider a HG :)
    @ Hatchat - Yeahh I did find my new one a little more wet maybe only because I was used to using the one that had dried slightly, but its working fine now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the 'holy grail' post idea too.

    I nearly bought this mascara today ended up going for l'oreal voluminous x5...wish I took telescopic after reading this!

    Great blog! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, new follower here!

    Amazing, I must buy! I have a thing for lashes!

    xo

    http://marthacblogs.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete