Friday, 27 August 2010

HG Series - St Ives Apricot Scrub Blemish Fighting

I starting using this product before I heard all of the hype about the St Ives range of scrubs. I actually first bought it in one of those little travel sized tubes, for when I stayed at my boyfriends as it was the only facial scrub I could find in travel sized. I initially got the regular 'invigorating' St Ives Apricot Scrub and loved it! Since then I have moved onto the Blemish Fighting formula.

Around £4.29 for 150ml
What St Ives Say: "St Ives Blemish Fighting Facial Scrub. Uk's No. 1 Scrub Brand.Only St. Ives captures the secrets of naturally beautiful and healthy looking skin in this deep cleansing formula that gently exfoliates, removing oil, dirt and dull skin cells that can lead to blackheads and blemishes.
For Oily/Blemish Prone Skin.
- Effectively lifts away surface oils and dirt that can lead to blackheads and blemishes
- Contains more than 85% naturally derived ingredients, including Swiss glacial water and Swiss botanical
- All St. Ives formulas are dermatologist tested in Switzerland
- Helps prevent blackheads and unclogs pore
- Promotes healthier-looking skin in just 7 days."

 The main reason I fell in love with this scrub was the fact it was actually scrubbed!! I have tried so many facial scrubs and exfoliators that just don't do anything, so I loved the fact it didn't disappoint on the scrubbing factor. The second and equally as important reason why I deem this product a hg, is that it didn't break me out. I was extremely happy because of this as I am very dubious when trying new skin care at how it will react with my acne prone skin, but this didn't cause any bad reactions at all. I wouldn't say it improved my skin, as I was using other things at the time to help get it under control so it was a number of things that helped it clear up, but it definitely didn't cause any problems. 
 I used to use this everyday in the morning to cleanse before I applied moisturiser then makeup, however since my skin has cleared up I have been using it less often (which is probably best as it is not recommended to use such an intense scrub more than once or twice a week). I dampen my face with cool water and use 1 to 2 pea sized amounts then massage into my face, concentrating on problem areas eg, blemishes or areas of dry skin. I find this completely cleanses my skin removing all dry dead skin, leaving it feeling really smooth and soft, which is why I used it before I applied my makeup as it creates a perfect smooth base. I have found it has improved the amount of blackheads I had and definitely helped reduced the oiliness of my skin. Actually since I have reduced my usage the oiliness has increased slightly, so I may start to use it more often again as it didn't seem to cause me any problems before. I probably wouldn't recommend this for people with very sensitive skin as exfoliators

                Pros                                                      Cons
                - Affordable and accessible                         - Honestly can't think of any other   
                - Completely cleanses                                  than the smell isn't as nice as the
                - Leaves skin smooth and soft                       original.
                - Didn't have any negative effects on
                  my skin
                - The 'Scrub Factor' ;)                
                - Reduced blackheads
                - Reduced Oiliness




Just wondering how you are all finding this little 'series', and what other sorts posts you would like to see on my little bloggy :)
Thank you all for reading lovelies,


3 comments:

  1. lovely review beth!:)
    i've tagged you,it'll be live in a few minutes..i'll be reading if your able to!hehe:)
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. loove this HG Series. so helpful.. i generally like reading reviews on products i havent tried. and yeah :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review Beth!! I like HG series!! ;) I use lemon juice and sugar to exfoliate my face, have you tried that? ;)

    ReplyDelete