Monday, 30 August 2010

NOTD - Models Own Purple Grey and Rimmel Pro Matte Top Coat

I thought for my very fist NOTD I should showcase one of my recent Models Own purchases, so here is Purple Grey...


Excuse my messy nails, but you get the idea. It is an absolutely gorgeous colour, perfect for autumn/winter and so me! The formula is lovely, it applies evenly and perfectly in just two coats, although I have noticed it tends to wear alot quicker than what I am used to, as you can probably tell from the slight tip wear, but this may just be because I never bother with a top coat! Another recent buy of mine was the Rimmel Pro Matte Top Coat, which I had seen mentioned on quite a few blogs so I gave it a go myself. I tried it out when I first got it (a two second job in the car home) and needless to say it didn't turn out too well. But once I took my time with it, heres how it turned out...


I really love how this turned out! I found that it needs a good application otherwise it will show up all of the flaws and won't look too good, which for me is quite a feat as I tend to rush and most of the time only do one coat! However I think the it looks lovely with darker colours, so will definitely be playing around with this some more.


What do you think of matte nails, have you tried it out yet ?

Thanks for reading,

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous colour. Kind of wish Id ordered some nailpolish during the big sale!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting Beth! I have the Barry M grey polish which is much less purple undertoned, I'm gonna try it out :)

    -Hattie xx

    prettypleasesme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. @FunnyFaceBeauty - It really is, I wish I'd have bought more during the sale haha !!
    @Hattie - Thanks hun, I have Barry M grey but haven't tried it yet, I tend to be very lazy with nail polishes haha!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. i really want to try that matte top coat.. i always forget to pick it up.. good post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is nothing to do with the post but I'm a new follower and just wanted to say how much I love the layout and font on your blog! Looks fab and I have serious blog envy! :) x

    PS: LOVE matte nails too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Models own one is a gorgeous colour, i think I have to get this!

    ReplyDelete