Thursday, 12 August 2010

Review: Soap and Glory Flake Away

I recently received my very first Soap and Glory products for my birthday from my mum, I know, I know, where have I been? I was actually really surprised to receive them as I didn't ask for them or anything, apparently one of her work friends had been raving about Flake Away, telling everyone how amazingly smooth and soft it left her skin. So my mum bought me a lovely S&G cosmetics bag filled with goodies. One of which was obviously this beaut...
$6.50 for 300ml
What Soap and Glory say: "Transforms your scaly legs from reptilian to radiant. Nothing eliminates dry surface flakes as fast as Flake Away™. For superhero-strength skin smoothing spa body polish with Shea Butter, sweet almond oil, peach seed powder, sea salt and sugar."
How to use: "Apply a handful of Flake Away™ onto damp skin and massage in circular motions until most of the grains are gone. Rinse well, pat dry and apply body glossing oil such as Easy Glistening™ or moisture butter such as The Righteous Butter™. One round in the shower with this scrub and no-one will ever have to know that all this time you’ve been flaking it."

Until I started reading blogs I had never been that attracted to Soap and Glory products, I don't really know why, I suppose while the packaging and products looked cute I just presumed they wouldn't be that effective. However I stand corrected :)
Obviously the packaging is ridiculously cute like it is with all of their products, so retro and kitsch! The first thing I noticed was the smell. It is absolutely gorgeous!! Seriously if someone made a perfume like it I would buy it by the gallon (if that was possible haha).
I rarely use exfoliators or body scrubs, I mostly use the exfoliator mitt thingies, however I have definitely changed my ways now. I love the consistency of Flake Away (attempted to show in the picture above), as the exfoliator beads are small and rounded so they aren't harsh on your skin, but just enough to remove the dry skin and leave your skin feeling so smooth. It also leaves a sheen of moisture and that divine scent behind, which I can still smell today a day after using it!
I really do love this product and if anyone who has tried it knows of any perfumes similar to it, definitely let me know :)


Thanks for reading,

6 comments:

  1. ive never tryed soap and glory i keep going over and looking but never come away with anything, why? i need to get me some!!
    great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Laura
    Haha yeahh thats what I was like, I'm going to have to try out some more goodies :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got this and it's amazing! It's incredible as a foot scrub to get rid of hard/cracked skin, or applying on your legs in the shower before moisturising or even self tanning :)

    cupcakescoffeenandkisses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. some of soap and glory products are amazing, as in their hand food cream and foot glory cream... pretty amazing. I think this brand is sometimes overlooked in regards to the packaging.

    http://beeroyal.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you love this Beth, you might like 'The Scrub of your life' from Soap&Glory- it's my go to exfoliator :)

    -Hattie xx

    prettypleasesme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the review, I've never tried this brand! :) your mom is so sweet! :)

    drugstoreandbargainlover

    ReplyDelete