Thursday, 2 September 2010

First Impressions: MAC Pro Longwear Foundation and Concealer.

This is just going to be sort of a teeny haul and first impressions of MAC's new foundation and concealer.
A seemingly innocent shopping trip to buy my mums birthday pressent turned into a slight overspend due to some excellent selling on the part of a lovely MAC MA. I always manage to get suckered in!
Concealer: £12.50 for 9ml/.3f oz
Foundation £22 for 30ml (both NW20)

Taken on Iphone for quickness, Sorry for slightly crappy quality!
Pro Longwear Concealer: 'A lightweight fluid concealer that provides medium to full coverage with a comfortable, natural matte finish. Colour-true formula lasts up to 15 hours. Helps conceal and correct the look of under-eye circles, and discolorations. Comes in a clear glass vial with a matte black pump.'

Pro Longwear Foundation: 'A long-wear foundation that gives up to 15 hours of wear in any environmental condition. Lightweight and creamy, applies smoothly to provide sheer to medium coverage. Even in hot and humid conditions, controls oil to keep skin fresh, natural and flawless. Provides everyday SPF protection.'

I spied these new releases on MAC's website earlier on in the week and knew I needed to try the concealer. I wasn't too sure about the release date as on most sites it says the 16th (I think this is the US release date), however once I saw them on display I hopped right in and snapped one up. I wasn't too fussed over trying the foundation as I had not too long ago bought Estee Lauders Double Wear, which by the sounds of it is a pretty similar concept. But once I got talking to a sales assistant about the foundation I was sold. She explained it provides 'a flawless natural coverage, stops shine and really lasts' and 'if you love fix, you'll love this'.
So first impressions..
LOVE the packaging of the concealer, it comes in a clear vial, like a foundation, with a pump which is brilliant. The formula seems pretty watery/thin for a concealer, but proof will be in the pudding so to speak!
The makeup artist tried a small amount of the foundation on me just to colour match and as far as I can see it has held up well!

A full detailed review will be up tomorrow after I have given them a thorough testing :)
Thanks for reading,

5 comments:

  1. I have never used a MAC foundation! I always end up buying from other brands. If this is light weight and sheer to medium coverage (especially sheer) I would consider purchasing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to hear your review on these! I really wanna try the concealer :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait for the full review! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Martha - You're missing out, they do some really great foundations :) Although I don't think this one is going to be sheer, probably more medium-full.
    @Welldressedbeauty + Evelyn - Thanks lovelies, it should be up soonies :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. omg i had no idea these were coming out i just googled more on this, i cant wait im so excited. i love mac's foundations :)

    ReplyDelete