Sunday, 10 October 2010

September Favourites

I know, I know, it is pretty much mid October BUT I did start to write this once got it all done and pretty and then blogger decided to get rid of most of it when I saved it (does that ever happen to anyone else or am I just being a bit dumb?) so I decided to be stubborn and leave it. So here goes my 'better late than never' September Favourites!! I tried to make it as many 'new' or 'rediscovered' products as I could, otherwise I would just constantly be talking about the same stuff over and over!







1. Superdrug's (own brand?) Witch Hazel (£1.79 ..ish?)
I first heard about 'The Wonders of Witch Hazel' over at Nic's blog (who btw I definitely recommend you check out if you haven't already, her blog is one of my faves!). So after a bit more internet research I knew I had to give this a go, if only for the fact that it was majorly cheap compared to most skincare products and I would have nothing to loose! I basically use this as a toner twice a day with a cotton pad all over my face, and I have really been loving the effects it has had on my skin!



   

2. Pantene Pro-V Aqua Light
It seems like everyone managed to get a sample of these last month a pretty decent sized sample too, compared to those measly sachets you usually get! I was quite dubious about how they would perform for me as I have very thick hair which tends to be quite dry, so I thought a light weight conditioner would not be beneficial as I like mine to be really moisturising. However I was pleasantly surprised, the conditioner really did condition well and they left my hair feeling light soft and shiny! Definitely will be picking up the full sizes!

3. Blistex Intensive Moisturiser
It seems I forgot to take a picture of this one oh well :) This was a product I neglected and just sat around in my lip draw not being touched, so when I was having a re-organise I decided to give it a go again and I'm glad I did! It's the best lip treatment I have tried as it leaves my lips smooth soft and moisturised and I don't even have to use it every night!!





4. Elf Eyebrow Kit

I have used this everday since I got it, it has completely replaced my crummy pencils as it is so much easier and quicker to do. I really love the effect it gives and they last and stay in place all day!



 






5. MAC Cremesheen Lipstick in Modesty.
This has quickly become my 'go to' lip colour, it is my 'my lips but better' shade and I completely adore it! Its a gorgeous muted neautral pink colour that will go with pretty much any look which is why it has become my fail-safe lipstick! 
 
 
 
 
 




6. Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Virgin, from the Naked Palette.
I am in love with this eyeshadow. It is the perfect highlight shade! It instantly brightens up the eye with just the right about of sheen. I've been trying to find a dupe for it because as far as I know its limited to this palette and at the rate I am using it, it will be gone very soon :(


 

Swatches of Virgin and Modesty

Again, very sorry its late, I'll try to be better next month :)
Thanks for reading,

7 comments:

  1. i loved this, the layout was great! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've actually just bought the witch hazel based on your recommendation :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am in love with virgin! and that mac lipstick looks perfect xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Would you be able to show how modesty looks on the lips? I'm on the hunt for the 'my lips but better' shade :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Chloe - Aww thanks hun :)
    @Dani - Aww really! I'd love to hear how you find it!
    @Sophie - Virgin is such a gorgeous colour, but its running out far to quickly, I'm tempted to get another palette just for that shadow haha!
    @Fudgesmoothiesmakeup - I have it on in a FOTD I did last month , here. Hope this helped :)


    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohh how have I not seen this until now!? I'm so glad witch hazel is working for you :DD Thank you for the mention my love! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heard so many fab things about distilled witch hazel, I must get some!

    ReplyDelete