Sunday, 12 June 2011

Free Benefit Goodies - Glamour Magazine July 2011: Review

I'm sure you've already seen a million and one posts about the Benefit freebies in Glamour magazine this month, if not hurry up and go get some!! I managed to get all three, maybe because I was a complete nerd and went to WHSmiths first thing, aaanyway. Although these aren't full sized products like Glamours last dabble with Benefit, they are quite generous sample sizes at 4ml each (full size is 15ml I believe). So here is my two cents on the cult favourites; Benetint, Posietint and Highbeam.

First off I'd just like to say that these things are so cute! The packaging, as always from Benefit, is gorgeous and even more adorable in miniature! I love the little brush applicator for the Highbeam highlighter as the creamy texture blends seemlessly across the cheek bones, however I find it a ot more difficult to get an even application with the cheek tints, especially with Benetint, as I find that they tend to stain the area that you dot it on even after you have blended, unless I just didn't work quick enough! The consistency of the two tints are totally different, I find Benetint to be more liquidy and almost like an ink consistency where as Posietint is definitely more of a gel, both formulas work brilliantly to stain though (I still have a slight tinge of pink on my hand this morning from swatching them last night!). I do find that you have to add a good few layers to build up a decent amount of colour which is another downfall. The colours of the tints are gorgeous Benetint is a reddy pink colour which creates a nice natural flush to the cheeks, whereas Posietint is a sort of bubblegum pink which adds a pop of colour and brightens your face. The stand out product for me is definitely Highbeam though, I don't think I will really reach for the cheek tints for actual blush I will probably use them mostly for lip colour as it is so much easier just to use a powder or even cream blush as these are a bit of a pain to work with.

Did you manage to pick any up? What did you think of them?

Thanks for reading,

1 comment:

  1. I agree, High Beam is my fave and the other two are ok but a lot of effort to work with. xx

    ReplyDelete