Saturday, 11 June 2011

Wish List Hauling: MAC, Chanel, Bobbi Brown

Hey everyone :)
Hope you are all having a lovely weekend. Just a small haul of some things I have picked up recently. The majority of these have been on my wish list for the longest time and it is about time I made the splurge and crossed them off it!
MAC Fix + 
There are very mixed reviews about this product, some people believe it is holy grail material and a necessity for finishing and setting makeup while others say it is just fancy water and definitely not worth the money. I have always wanted to try it due to the claims of the first group, and so far I really really like it. I do believe it makes a difference both immediately after, by removing that powdery and cakey look and during the day by making my makeup stay in place much longer.

Chanel Poudre Universelle Libre (25 Peche Clair)

It was the pixiwoo sisters that secured this powders place in my wishlist. I wanted a powder that would be purely for setting my foundation, every powder I had has quite a bit of coverage and could sometimes be too much. This however is beautiful, sets my makeup perfectly as it just disappears into the skin and provides just a little coverage.

Bobbi Brown Corrector (Light Bisque)
This is said to be the perfect under eye concealer as it evens out the discolouration and covers perfectly, but for me it doesn't really live up to the hype.I don't find it any different from other creamy consistency concealer I have tried (MAC Studio Finish and Benefit Erase Paste) as they all tend to sink into the lines under my eyes which is what I was hoping to avoid. It's ok and I will definitely get use out of it because it does get rid of dark circles better than most, but I don't love it.

MAC Eye Kohl in Teddy
I absolutely love this eye liner! Its a gorgeous slightly bronzey brown colour that looks stunning when used to line your eyes as opposed to using a black, as it is much more subtle and perfect for during the day or night! I'm so glad I finally picked this up, definitely don't own anything like it!

MAC Sheen Supreme Lipstick in Bare Again
This wasn't really a wishlist purchase, more an impulse buy whilst shopping for the other MAC items. When I purchased this lipstick I hadn't really heard anything of the new sheen supreme range so I had to have a look while I was at the counter. Bare Again is a gorgeous nudey pink colour, definitely me! However I fell in love as soon as I tried it on when I got it home, the formulation of these lipsticks are phenomenal, so shiny, light and smooth yet still super pigmented, I will definitely be checking out the rest sometime soon!

Have you crossed anything off your wishlist recently?

Thanks for reading,

3 comments:

  1. I crossed off MAC's Melon pigment off my wishlist last month, and I love it!
    The sheen supreme lippies sound really nice, might have to check those out....

    http://glamorousgirl2014.blogspot.com/

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I reallyreally want the mac fix plus!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just bought mac fix+ and I'm also loving it! I have dry skin and it's really a saviour as I find most make up products are aimed at those with oily skin - it probably does what a water spray would do at a fraction of the price but I still love it! xxx

    ReplyDelete