Monday, 11 July 2011

Costco Borghese Brush Set

Hey there lovelies,
Hope you all had a great weekend!

I am super excited to be posting about this brush set! I have been on the hunt for one of the costco brush sets ever since the first one was in stores a few christmases back. My friend recieved the old one as a gift and I was so envious, they were so soft and I just had to have them. Alas they sold out and apparently would only be around in the holidays, so I could only find them on eBay at quite a hefty sum considering the main factor attracting me to them was the affordable price... Untill I found this....


A few months back I saw a few videos floating around YouTube of the new brush set Borghese had released at Costco. I rang around a few Costco's near me with no luck, so I gave up hope. Needless to say I was so excited when I was mooching around the health and beauty section last weekend and came across these beauties at the bargainous price of £19.19 (inc VAT).




First impressions - I am in love! All of them are great quality, very well made, super soft with minimal shedding, far less than my Sigma brushes! My favourites have to be the Powder Kabuki Brush, the Round Foundation Brush and Eye Powder Flush Brush! There are some great brushes in this set, both essentials and some more obscure yet brilliant brushes that you don't see often. The brush roll is also a great addition, as I don't own one and traveling with my brushes is an absolute pain as they will get misshapen however this will definitely help! I will be doing a full review post of them in the future once I've had a proper play around with them.


What are your favourite brushes?
Thanks for reading.

10 comments:

  1. I have this! I love it, I also bought the previous one. I think they go quite well together as the first one had some great eye brushes, where as the eye brushes in this aren't ones I would use every day. But I do love the Duo-fibre and the contour brush in this one x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to Costco this week! I hope they have these, I desperately need new brushes :(
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Jen - I thought the same, the eye brushes seem huge in this one! The fluffy brush is bigger than my entire eye haha. I'm going to have to keep an eye out for the old ones :( xx

    @Lauren - I hope you find them hun, they are really great :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to use the big fluffy one as a concealer blender like the mac 224 I think x

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Jen - Yeah me too, looks perfect for that! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never heard of Costco! These brushes look fab though and a bargain at £20 x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow! Im definately going to have alook for these - going to send my Dad to look haha as he's the one with the card lol! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  8. that's an amazing price! i love costco, mainly the chocolate section muahaha!
    thank you for point out about the flour, what a mistaka to maka! it's 4oz :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Golden Glow - Costco is just a big wholesale warehouse type thing, they sell everything in bulk and apparently excellent makeup brushes too haha :) x

    @Daisy Loves - I hope you find them, they are awesome :D x

    @Emma - No problem :) They looked too good to pass up, going to give them a go tomorrow! Thanks for the recipe! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks great! & such an amazing price! Damn i wish i knew someone that had a costco card! The round foundation brush looks amazing! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete