Sunday, 4 September 2011

Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish

Hi all :)
Hope you are all doing fabulously, it's been a while since I posted on here *slaps wrists* but I suddenly got a surge of blogging motivation this morning and to start with I need to divulge my new found love for Liz Earle.

More specifically, Liz Earle's Cleanse and Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser. Now I know I am very late on this bandwagon and had never been fully convinced to try it out, mainly because of my awkward skin and thinking that anything other than Cetaphil would cause it to freak out and fall out with me again. However I received the 100ml Starter Kit as a gift from my Boyfriend for my birthday about two months ago, he had apparently seen it on one of my many 'to buy' lists (who knew men where so observant?)..and well Liz Earle has well and truly kicked my feeble little Cetaphils butt!

Sorry about the stock picture. I planned to take photo's when I bought my new set a few days ago, however I was too impatient to wait and I didn't think anyone would appreciate seeing my grubby muslin cloths :)
In the 100ml Starter Kit, you get a 100ml bottle of Cleanse and Polish as well as 2 muslin cloths. Firstly the bottle I love, it has a convenient pump so you can simply pump out as much as you need, I tend to use just one pump for my entire face, with no mess or faffing around squeezing a tube. The application is also genius. You simply massage the cleanser straight onto dry skin or a face full of makeup, and in a matter of moments it loosens and breaks up all of your slap ready for the 'Polishing' stage. You then take the muslin cloth and rinse it with hot water, I like to let mine soak in hot water while I am cleansing, ring it out and then gently wipe away all of the cream. Not only does the muslin cloth remove all of your makeup, the slightly (and I mean slightly) rough texture gently exfoliates leaving my skin feeling squeaky clean and super soft. The first time I used it I was amazed at how well it actually cleansed my skin, I do tend to double cleanse by using another half of a pump but this is just for reassurance not necessity as my skin is usually spotless after the first go.
Now...the results. As I have acne-prone skin, I was convinced that a 'one cleanser fits all' type of system would not work for me. How wrong I was. According to the assistant at the counter I visited, (don't quote me on this!) the cleanser has ingredients to tend to all possible skin ailments, for example Cocoa Butter for dryness, Eucalyptus for oiliness etc and the combination of these will lead to clearer and smoother skin for any skin type. This is exactly what I experienced. After just a few uses my skin felt and looked so much healthier, much more even and in combination with the other items in my skin care routine, my skin has cleared up quite significantly! My skin is obviously not perfect, it probably never will be, but with this cleanser I have noticed such a huge difference and I absolutely wholeheartedly love this stuff!!


Have you tried any of Liz Earle's other products? I would love to know what you all think of the rest of her range :)

Thanks for reading,

2 comments:

  1. this is one of my wishlist items, it sounds so amazing!

    I'm having a giveaway on my blog too, if you want to check it out?!

    Alice x

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Pretty Wonderful - Thanks for the comment! It really is amazing :) x

    ReplyDelete