Thursday, 15 September 2011

My Little Weight Loss Journey

Hey lovelies :)

This is probably going to be a hard post for me to write, but I know by documenting my 'weight loss' it will spur on my motivation more some how, so please go easy on me!

So I guess I should start with when I decided to lose weight. I have never ever been slim, I probably never will be, I have always been bigger, a comfortable size 14, but I was content with that fact. Not 'happy' because everyone has their hang ups, but it didn't bother me enough to warrant me needing to change.

This was until I started going out with my current boyfriend. Everything was going great, he made me feel amazingly happy, and I got comfortable. We stayed in most nights and would eat, quite frankly, crap. We would get takeaways quite often, as well as trips to Tesco to stock up on all sorts of goodies; chocolate, sweets, doughnuts, crisps etc... Needless to say the weight started to pile on, until I couldn't fit into my size 16 jeans. This was when it hit home. I bought some scales and I had put on just over a stone.

I knew then and there I needed to do something, so I downloaded the My Fitness Pal app. I hadn't  really heard anything about it, I came across it while searching for calorie trackers on the app store, but it is truly genius! I entered all of my details, height, weight, how much I wanted to lose a week, and it told me exactly how many calories, as well as all the other nutritional values, I should be eating. I stuck strictly to 1200 calories a day, except for Saturdays which were deemed 'treat day' where I allowed myself a little indulgence. The app allows you to enter everything you eat, it has everything you could think of on its data base, and recently added a bar code
 scan feature making tracking your food even easier! I cut down my portion sizes as I realised the importance of not only eating the right foods, but the right amounts. Instead of stuffing my face with one massive meal I would eat smaller amounts but more regularly. I started to exercise every so often, this is what I am not very good at being strict with, I just don't have enough motivation for it, but I do aim to get better!
Other apps I would recommend are Jillain Michael's and Weight Watchers, as there are some great tips and recipes to be found on each!

I am now two stone lighter and much happier. I still can't really see the difference, except I can fit into smaller clothes again and obviously the difference on the scales, but I guess that's because I see myself everyday. I want to lose another stone to get to my final goal, but I am in no rush at the moment. I didn't take any before pictures, but I was flicking through Facebook pictures of my friends birthday a year ago and I could definitely see the difference and was shocked at how much I'd let myself go! So here's my 'before and after'. 

They are not brilliant pictures, but the only ones I really have are of nights out! I absolutely hate looking at the one on the left! I don't think there is a massive difference and I know that I am still by no means slim, I don't really aim to be, and I am not claiming to have lost a shed load. But this is my little weight loss story :) 

Thanks for reading, 


12 comments:

  1. wow congrats! you look amazing!! well done you =) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. @A Girl and a Beauty Blog - Thank you :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Thedreamsofanizzyinabigwildworld:) Aww thanks hun :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. @World Of Beauty - Thank you :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've done so well, well done! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Sarah - Thank you lovie :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look amazing!
    I admire you for your strength to do this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @MSodapop - Aww thank you :D x

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow you look AMAZING! Conragts! I wish you the best of look with the rest of your journey :) And kudos to you for not being in a rush to lose weight, most of the time people are in such a hurry to shed a ton of weight that can sometimes be simply unrealistic and unhealthy, so it's really nice to see your doing it sensibly

    Alice x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well done honey, you look amazing! I've fallen into the same trap of being comfortable and eating far too many KFC's and nipping to Tesco's to buy sweets and chocolate with my boyfriend. In the 2 years we've been together I've gone from a comfortable 10 and a half stone to 13 and have an awful muffin top over my size 16 jeans :( I hope I have the determination as you to get back down to my pre-boyfriend weight :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete