Sunday, 11 September 2011

Rimmel Extra Wow Lash: First Impressions Review

Hey everyone :)

Today is a slightly odd post for me. I usually am only compelled to do reviews on things that I am absolutely in love with, however this I picked up literally 20 mins ago from the Boots at the station in work. I forgot to take mascara to my boyfriend's with me so I desperately needed to pick some up as soon as I got to work, and this was what I was drawn to, partly because it was a cheapy and it was in the new Kate Moss lipstick range display. I hadn't really heard anything of this mascara yet, so I thought I would share my first impressions of my necessity mascara buy.
What Rimmel Say:
'Extra WOW Lash mascara, the new volume and lash building mascara with a 50% larger brush for WOW volume.The supersized brush makes it easy to build soft to dramatic look with visible progressive volume up to 12X.Lash building formula for highly defined lashes. No clumping.'


Firstly, I'm not in love with the packaging. It feels and looks really cheap, which it is but it's still not great, if it wasn't on offer the packaging probably wouldn't have drawn me in to want to buy it. They claim the brush is 'oversized' and 'volume building' however to me it's not a massive brush mearly average, especially in comparison to the likes of the Collection 2000 big fake lash mascara brush which is HUGE. That being said, I quite like it.
The formula is not thick so didn't clump, no matter how many coats I applied, this is a must for me, I much prefer long defined lashes to thick clumpy ones any day. This provided just the right finish, length without looking spidery, definition without the 4 eyelashes look, volume without clumping and even added a slight curl which I was lacking due to not having any lash curlers either.

I wouldn't say it was an amazing life altering mascara (*ahem* YSL Faux Cils), but for the price it was a winner!



So if you are ever heading to work without a mascara and need to pick one up to save you looking even more tired than you feel, have a look for this bad boy :)


                       Pros                                                                Cons
                       - Price (£5.49)                                     - Packaging
                       - Length                                             - Not bad but not amazing
                       - Definition
                       - Volume
                       - Brush and formula easy to use
                       - Leaves lashes flexible not stiff
                                    


I hope you enjoyed my little first impressions type review.
Also I was thinking of doing a weight-loss type post as since february I have been on a slight health kick/diet and have lost 2 stone so far, so if anyone would be interested in that please let me know :)
Thanks for reading,

3 comments:

  1. Would love to see a post on your weight loss :) lashes look great btw x

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Jlalamb - Thanks hun, I will get around to it :) x

    @Iheartmexo - Thank you :D x

    ReplyDelete